Friday, February 20, 2015

     Yes, I'm an Alabama fan. The father of an Alabama graduate, one would expect me to be a fan of the Crimson Tide. I, however, am a life-long Bama fan, long before the birth of my lovely daughter, Brooke. The fact that she is a proud graduate of THE University, an avid fan herself all her life, and still attends games despite being the mother of a 3 year old and 5 1/2 year old. Oh, and did I mention she's the wife of an Auburn graduate?
     I, myelf, am a former sports editor of the State Gazette in Dyersburg, Tn and voted on the Associated Press polls for the in-state schools back during that time. I have also served as darkroom technician of the same newspaper, as well as Circulation Manager there and also Circulation Director of the Greeneville Daily Sun in Greeneville, Tn.
     Later I went into the broadcast industry full time after being a part-time DJ at WASL-FM, WTRO-AM and WDSG-AM in Dyersburg, Tn. Later I moved back to my home state of Alabama and began my full-time radio career as DJ, advertising salesman, Sales Manager, Operations Manager, General Manager, and eventually an owner in radio.
     Now, you have my general background. I began several years ago picking Southeastern Conference football games, and then added the Top 25 to the list. Over the years I've been pretty successful at this and will soon begin a blog and other sites for that particular purpose. For now, it's going to be Alabama. And mostly football at that. However there will be other sports from our beloved University also being mentioned here.
     So, for now that is all. Soon I'll begin in earnest and look forward to your feedback. I still have to learn exactly how to do this, so I will also be grateful for any help you offer there also.
     Having been a sports writer and editor I hope to report things here in a fair manner, possibly even angering some Bama fans from time to time. But, alas, I admit that my Bama bias will come through. After all, this blog is directed toward what I believe to be college football's not only latest dynasty, but also the greatest dynasty. (Not taking anything away from the Notre Dame, Southern Cal, Ohio State, etc. fans.)
     Thank for for dropping by...and tell your friends.